hey

Christian~wife of 3 years~preschool teacher~dog mom~friend~smiler~and many other things!

Monday, August 8, 2011

the past vs. the present

After chatting with an old friend today who has found complete happiness, I have decided to post about some things that have been going through my head lately.  For those of you who know me well, my road to married life was not easy.  I had never wanted anything so much than to just find "the one" who I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.  This quest consumed me and made me look like a fool many different times.  I was the girl who always thought she'd finally found "him."  That girl realized every time that she shouldn't put her heart out there so easily but couldn't help doing it over and over again.  That girl and I begged God for the next one to be our soulmate.  So, after praying constantly and reading a lot of Christian books that are supposed to help girls accept being single, I gave up.  The summer of 2010 was probably the most fun of my summers so far in life.  I wanted to have fun and started to actually date around.  This was something I had never been able to do and somehow finally managed to succeed, not without a few false hopes though.  Anyway, that summer was carefree and fun for me, and ended with the beginning of the rest of my life.  I met Kyle at the end and things kicked off so quickly and wonderfully.  He pursued me and fought for me.  You can imagine the shock when I started to question whether or not I was even ready to give up single life to let this beautiful thing run its course!  Obviously I gave in, and here I am a year later....MARRIED!!!  Never again will I ever have to worry about being a third wheel during a group date.  Never again will I ever have to worry about being the only one without a man to snuggle with while camping on a cold night.  Never again will I ever have to dwell on failed relationships and what I did wrong.

Never again will I ever have to question God's reasoning for making me wait so long...

Enjoy these pictures from the best day of my life...





1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to not have to worry about any of that mess again isn't it! :)

    By the way, I LOVE Crazy Girl, SUCH a great song. It was on our must play list and we danced to it after our first dance song. So GREAT choice!!! I wanted to reply to your comment on my blog via email, but your email isn't linked to your account... FYI, this is how you can link it: http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/guest-post-all-about-us.html

    ReplyDelete