hey

Christian~wife of 3 years~preschool teacher~dog mom~friend~smiler~and many other things!

Friday, June 10, 2011

our venue

We had both our ceremony and reception at a church camp in Arkansas City, KS (our hometown!)  It was called Camp Horizon.  We had originally chosen to have our ceremony at the church where I made my transition into Christianity and had already mapped it all out in our heads.  But then my brother broke the news to me that he had double-booked himself that day.  His best friends were also getting married and they needed him that day also.  So after some struggling to find a way to keep him from killing himself trying to do both weddings, I was laying in bed one morning and a great thought just kind of popped into my head!  I remembered this place where I had gone on a field trip in 8th grade.  This particular place had a really cool sidewalk out onto the edge of a cliff with an awesome overlook.  This place had a wooden cross at the end of it also.  I had to go see it again!  I knew to not get my hopes up because the last time I'd been there was...well, a LONG time ago, and it may not even look the same!  I called and set up a time to come out and look at it.

Look at this view!
This isn't my picture, but it's a gorgeous example of the site!

How could I NOT choose to get married on that cliff?  The camp was full of breathtaking views!

This is the view from the reception hall

This is the walkway headed out to the end of the cliff

Another one in front of the reception hall
The director offered us a great deal where we were able to use the cliff and the dining hall for our reception.  I was THRILLED.  We didn't decorate the ceremony site at all because God did enough of our decorating for us.  We spent the evening after the rehearsal decorating for the reception.
My wonderful dad hanging our lights!

Kyle helping one of the flower girls put pretty things on the tables

Carissa and Charla (bridesmaids) ironing the stubborn tablecloths!

Action shot! Dad, Mom, and Charla

Those are only a few of the pictures I found from that night.  We got so much done in a short period of time and had a blast doing it!  I had more help than what you see in these pictures too.  I just didn't find one of everybody..haha.  I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures so I can hopefully find a great end result to show you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment