hey

Christian~wife of 3 years~preschool teacher~dog mom~friend~smiler~and many other things!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

yesterday

My husband and I received some bad news yesterday.  He was hired on at Lowes at the beginning of the summer as a seasonal employee.  He's been looking for a replacement for over a month because he knew the end of his employment was coming soon.  On Monday, the Lowes HR department called him telling him they wanted to interview him for a permanent position.  So he went in yesterday hoping for the best but once he got there, he found out it wasn't even an interview at all.  They were simply letting him know that Thursday would be his last day because corporate told them that there couldn't be any seasonal employees left after that!  He called and told me and I lost it.  We have been struggling financially already!  I can't believe they're allowed to do that on such short notice.  Any employee would be expected to give a two-week notice and I think it's ridiculous that they are giving him two days...

So anyway, after going through the whole day thinking that we wouldn't be able to survive this, we did our daily Bible study.  We have been studying the Psalms.  Last night, we read Psalm 26 through 34.  I have been using my New King James Bible since I was a teenager.  It has been to many sessions at church camp and Bible classes with me.  It has been marked in and I'm beginning to think there are no pages without highlighter on them.  I found several verses that I'd marked in Psalms that would help with stress relief.  I even wrote the words "stress relief" next to a few of them.

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!"

Psalm 29:11 says "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."

Psalm 31:24 says "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

Can you see why we feel sooooo much better now?!  After reading these awesome words, we started making plans that could help us survive our time of hardship.  He had an interview just last week for a job that would honestly be perfect for a man who is a full-time student and a husband.  The lady who interviewed him seemed to like him and told him he has a start date, as long as all his references check out.  I hope that Lowes can put in a good word for him.  I think it's the LEAST they could do after this..  Please pray for us during this time.  We will be praying constantly.

P.S.  Don't ever forget that your troubles are in God's hands.  He will take care of you in a way that will work out for the best.  Have a wonderful day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's easy to forget that God is on our side...ESPECIALLY when times get tough. Glad you remembered to rely on Him before things got too stressful =) Praying for y'all! Love you!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Ashley!! So great to have a positive outlook! Hoping he gets the job and it all works out for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete